"It's a matter of education!"
Eating for life with The Brookwood Partnership
Eating for Life is our award winning approach to providing fresh meals in schools.
Our approach to “Eating for Life” adopts the following criteria:
- We never add salt when cooking.
- Baking, shallow frying and grilling are adopted as an alternative to deep frying.
- Where appropriate olive oil is used for dressings and salads in preference to any other oil product.
- For cooking we use British rapeseed oil
- Desserts always include a fresh fruit and/or yogurt alternative.
- Yogurt is home-made and breads are home-made whenever possible.
- All vegetables (with the exception of pulses) are fresh.
- Dressing for salads are provided on a self-help basis and low fat alternatives are always available.
- Semi-skimmed milk and low fat spreads are always available as alternatives to full fat products.
- Wholemeal bread is always available as an alternative to white bread.
- Marmite is always available as an alternative to sweet preserves.
- All juices are additive free.